You might be asking yourself why should you make magic mushroom tea when eating them seems neither uncomfortable (in most cases), nor unheard of.
Magic mushrooms are, of course, a pleasant snack, but they’re certainly not gourmet food that everyone will enjoy.
Knowing how to make magic mushroom tea isn’t difficult at all and drinking the brew will help you have a slightly different experience.
Many people choose to drink magic mushroom tea because it’s tasty and makes the come-up more intense.
You can easily add honey, ginger or lemon juice to the tea, which will make the taste a lot more pleasant and slightly alters the effects produced by mushrooms.
A word of caution.
Be very careful if you’re making tea with shrooms that you’ve found in the forest.
They might not be psilocybin mushrooms and you may poison yourself if you’re brewing the wrong kind.
You would be better off growing your own magic mushrooms, just to be sure.
You should know your doses when it comes to magic mushrooms. 1.7g of dried magic mushrooms is ideal for beginners, but it’s really a subjective matter. You can use teabags and add sugar too, although you would be better off using lemon juice or ginger instead.
Two cups of water
0.5-5gs of dried psilocybin mushrooms
– First, you’re going to need at least two cups of water (assuming you’re brewing for one person only). Pour the water into the pot and heat the water so it’s boiling.
– Grind the shrooms or cut them into small pea-sized pieces.
– Put your ground magic mushrooms in the pot. Let it simmer for about 15 minutes. Be careful not to exceed 20 minutes.
– Once the time passes, add your tea bags/ginger/lemon juice/honey and let it/them seep for around 5 minutes. You can also take the heat off so it’s not boiling anymore.
– Ginger is great because it eliminates nausea and it will make your trip happier and more energetic. Adding lemon juice will make the psilocybin convert to psilocin within the tea, which will increase the potency of your mushrooms.
– Slowly pour the contents of the pot in the cup while using a strainer to filter out the mushrooms from the tea.
– Have some new water ready so that you can use it to squeeze the remaining psilocybin and psilocin from the shrooms. Just use a spoon while you’re pouring hot water in the pot or the strainer. Repeat this process two more times.
– You can throw the mushrooms away after you’re done squeezing them.
*Of course, there are other ways to make magic mushroom tea. It’s up to you to find your ideal mix and maybe try a kettle if you’re brewing tea only for yourself.
It can take up to 30-45 minutes for the effects to start kicking in.
You will feel the effects faster than when you’re eating shrooms and the come-up will be a little stronger.
Once the tea has cooled off a bit, you can start drinking it. You can do it very fast, in which case the effects will come faster and the onset will be stronger.
You can also sip it over the course of an hour if you want to experience a soft come up.